FAI Badge Declaration
Use this form to make a declaration for a Badge Flight. The Declaration made here will supercede any declaration made in a Flight Recorder (FR) or Position Recorder(PR) ONLY if the declaration on this form is made after the declaration in the Flight Recorder.
Please note the following points carefully:
- Declarations (either in the FR/PR or on this form) are required for distance flights except in special circumstances. Declarations are always required if waypoints are to be claimed.
- Free waypoints (those selected after the flight) are NOT allowed.
- A declaration should be placed into the FR/PR if possible. If there is a declaration in the FR/PR, a declaration on this form is not needed unless you want to change the declaration after the declaration has been made and it is is hard to change the FR/PR.
- Enter the Latitude and Longitude of all points using Degrees, Minutes and Decimals (NOT seconds). Entering names only can lead to confusion about what exact point is meant.
- Make sure that the device you are using is eligible to record the flight you are attempting. Full details can be found at the IGC Website (Click the link).
- No IGC approved Flarm is eligible to claim anything beyond a Diamond Badge flight. A non-approved Flarm (such as OzFlarm) or Position Recorder can be used only to claim a Silver or Gold Badge.
This form MUST be completed and submitted before takeoff.